NetDragon’s Promethean Selected by Bahamian Ministry of Education for New Education Initiative

[December 22, 2015, Hong Kong] NetDragon Websoft Inc. (“NetDragon” or “the Company”) (Hong Kong Stock Code: 777), an international leading developer and operator of online games and mobile internet platforms, today announced that its global education technology and solutions subsidiary Promethean, was selected by The Bahamas Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (“MOEST”) to provide students throughout The Bahamas archipelago of islands equitable access to advanced education opportunities through its Modern Classroom solution.

With approximately 70% of Bahamians residing on the island of New Providence and the remaining 30% spread out among the other islands, providing advanced coursework to students is logistically difficult. Promethean’s Modern Classroom hardware and software solution will allow teachers to teach any subject to any student in any location in real-time with video, sound, images, and interactive material. Through this interactive lesson delivery system, students will receive the lesson content in real-time and be able to respond instantaneously to the teacher.

Dr. Simon Leung, Vice Chairman and Executive Director of NetDragon, Chairman of Promethean commented, “We are pleased to see Promethean’s Modern Classroom hardware and software solution selected by MOEST. Given its geographical nature, distance learning has become a priority for the Bahamas to bring equity to education. Promethean’s technology provides the ideal solution for students to take coursework not previously offered to them and to participate in a synchronous learning environment, increasing academic achievement and allowing all students to finish high school ready for college or careers. This is another step in our commitment to investing in lifetime learning by combining technology and education. We will continue to expand Promethean’s presence in classrooms across the globe.”


Download PDF