Dr. Simon Leung
Vice Chairman of the Board, Executive Director
- Dr. Leung joined the Company in March 2015. He is responsible for the planning, consolidation and operation of the education business of the Company in the People’s Republic of China and the development of the online education business overseas.
- Dr. Leung had over 30 years of experience in both information technology and telecommunications industries. In 2005, he was appointed as the president of Motorola Asia-Pacific, a company principally engaged in the production of data communication and telecommunication equipment, where he was primarily responsible for the overall strategic planning and implementation in the Asia-Pacific region. Since 2008, Dr. Leung was the chief executive officer of Microsoft Greater China region, a company principally engaged in developing, manufacturing, licensing and sales of software products, where he was primarily responsible for overseeing overall business operations and for developing and implementing a regional strategy.
- Prior to joining the Company, Dr. Leung also held management roles at various educational institutions or corporations engaging in education business. From 2009 to 2010, he was the governor of the Upper Canada College, an educational institution, where he was primarily responsible for establishing and directing policy for the college and overseeing its financial affairs. In 2012, Dr. Leung was the chief executive officer of Harrow International Management Services Limited, a company principally engaged in the management of Harrow International Schools, where he was responsible for the development of new Harrow International Schools and education services in Asia.
- Dr. Leung received his bachelor of arts degree and an doctorate in laws from the University of Western Ontario, Canada in 1978 and 2005 respectively and a doctorate in business administration from Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2007.
- Dr. Leung currently serves as a member of the Ivey Asia Advisory Board of the Richard Ivey School of Business of the University of Western Ontario, an educational institution, where he is primarily responsible for advising the school on its mission strategy in Asia. He is also a governor of Tung Wah College, an educational institution, where he is primarily responsible for determining key governance issues. From 2010 to 2015, Dr. Leung was a member of the International Advisory Committee of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. From 2015 to 2017, he was appointed as a member of the Steering Committee on Innovation and Technology of HKSAR. Dr. Leung is also an independent non-executive director of Purapharm Corporation Limited (Stock Code:1498), which is listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.He is also a director of ARHT MEDIA INC. (Stock Code: ART), a company listed on TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV).